By Ivan T. Berend
Read or Download An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization PDF
Best european history books
This publication is a sweeping ancient portrait of the floating urban of Venice from its foundations to the current day. Joanne M. Ferraro considers Venice's particular building inside an amphibious setting and identifies the Asian, eu and North African alternate networks that made it a colourful and ethnically assorted Mediterranean cultural centre.
This selection of essays presents a finished account of the tradition of contemporary Italy. Contributions specialise in a variety of political, old and cultural questions. the quantity offers info and research on such subject matters as regionalism, the expansion of a countrywide language, social and political cultures, the function of intellectuals, the Church, the left, feminism, the separatist hobbies, organised crime, literature, artwork, layout, model, the mass media, and song.
Debate over the which means of 'Enlightenment' all started within the eighteenth century and nonetheless maintains to today. this era observed the outlet of arguments at the nature of guy, fact, where of God and the foreign movement of principles, humans and gold. yet did the Enlightenment suggest an analogous for women and men, for wealthy and terrible, for Europeans and non-Europeans?
Dachau and the SS stories the focus camp guards at Dachau, the 1st focus camp and a countrywide 'school' of violence for its focus camp body of workers. organize within the first months of Adolf Hitler's rule, Dachau was once a bastion of the Nazi 'revolution' and a key springboard for the ascent of Heinrich Himmler and the SS to regulate of the 3rd Reich's terror and policing gear.
- The Renaissance in Italy: A Social and Cultural History of the Rinascimento
- "The Third Republic in France, 1870-1940 ... ": Conflicts and Continuities
- Secularism and Religion in Nineteenth-Century Germany: The Rise of the Fourth Confession
- Life and Death in the Mesolithic of Sweden
- The History of the Renaissance World: From the Rediscovery of Aristotle to the Conquest of Constantinople
- Politics and Power in Early Medieval Europe: Alsace and the Frankish Realm, 600–1000 (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought: Fourth Series)
Additional resources for An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization
An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization by Ivan T. Berend